Saturday, July 22, 2023

I have been working on my German and recently took at A1 and A2 exams. Oddly enough the A2 was scheduled before the A1.  This was ok as the A2 is much harder and provided me with some good practice for the A1.

I was looking at the A2 as a long shot given that I have only really been working on my German for 4 months (at the time of taking the exams) so I knew the A2 was a long shot.

Both exams are comprised of four parts:

Hören (listening)
In the listening tests, you have to listen to a short passage and answer questions about the passage. I found this to be the hardest part as for some reason I just don't hear spoken German very well.

Lesen (reading)
My German reading comprehension is not too bad but I did find the A2 to be much harder than the A1.

Schreiben (Writing)
I like to write German so I found this to be easy for A1 and ok for A2. 

Sprechen (Speaking)
I figured I had done ok in A1 with the speaking, but I struggled with A2.  Surprisingly for the A2 I scored very high, much higher than I expected.

I have screen captureded my A1 and A2 scores below, with each section having a max score of 25.

Goethe Institute A1 scores

Goethe Institute A2 scores

Will I retake the A2? Maybe or I might just cut straight to the B1.  I have just less than a year before that exam will pop up so I have some work ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment